An EXPERIENCED shop SHEET METAL / PLATE and STRUCTURAL FITTER / FABRICATOR is needed for a company located in Southeast Texas. Potential candidates must be able to read blueprints and independently fabricate a wide variety of products and projects from gauge material, plate, and structural steel. Welding capability is a great plus. Fitting / fabricating PIPE also a great plus.
Permanent, full time position, 40 hours plus overtime NO LAYOFFS, mostly shop work, no travel required. Health insurance, paid vacation days, 401K, performance bonuses, and 4×10 schedule Monday to Thursday.
- Strong communication skills.
- MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTHEAST TEXAS REGION or nearby areas. This is a permanent position with NO PER DIEM.
- 10-15 years as fitter/fabricator, especially in plate, structural, and sheet metal (gauge material). Years as a helper do not count.
- Proficient in reading Plate/structural/pipe blueprints and layouts.
- 10+years experience operating press brakes, shears, plate rolls, Iron Workers, saws, drills, punches, torches, etc.
- Pass drug and background checks.
- Preferences: Strong welding capabilities: Fluxcore, MIG, TIG.
- Ability to do material take-offs and cost estimating.
Interested and qualified applicants please apply through this ad and then email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org