American Personnel & Temps is looking for a Sales Representative for a local and family-owned metal building and component retail company. This position requires someone to provide complete and accurate quotes for metal building packages and metal roofing/steel building components. All quotes are for material only, no field labor services are offered. The metal building quotes will be issued using an industry wide standard software for metal building design.
This employee will play a key role in getting a building package sold and all the way up to being delivered. Working hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm and pay will be DOE. Employee will be offered benefits.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Two (2) year technical degree preferred.
• Prior experience detailing custom steel projects is preferred.
• Ability to use learn and operate AutoCAD and MBS (Metal Building Software) is required.
• Ability to read and understand blue prints and the applicable spec sheets is required.
• Basic math skills are required, including but not limited to: fractions, decimals, basic geometry
• Sound knowledge of metal building construction is preferred.
• Strong customer service skills
• Exhibit a clean-cut and professional appearance – business casual.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills are required. Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Counter sales for walk-in customers.
• Thoroughly review customer, architect and or engineer issued bid documents, proposals, drawings, and specifications and ask follow up questions.
• Review design changes and modify quotes accordingly.
• Review plans, specifications and designs to highlight areas of concern.
• Interpret technical questions pertaining to details.
• Coordinate internal resources to meet customer needs.
• Effectively communicate to manufacturing personnel the requirements needed to fabricate projects.
• Assist in customer meetings, primarily at the proposal or closing stage of a project, to offer value-engineering suggestions.
• Detailing / drafting of parts for fabrication using AutoCAD.
• Create steel erection drawings using MBS software
• Detail primary structural framing, secondary framing parts, large assemblies and fabrication reports using MBS software.
• Enter and edit items in Bill of Materials program.
• Purchase the majority of the items it takes to build each project sold and pay close attention to material cost
Interested applicants please call our office at (409)892-0310 for information on how to be considered for this position. We are open Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. If you are currently registered with American Personnel please contact Stefanie for immediate consideration.