American Personnel is currently searching for a Designer needed for an Industrial company in Kountze. The Designer is responsible for working closely with an engineer and design team for entering and exporting Bill of Materials for 2D fabrication drawings for the manufacture of surface production equipment such as pipe racks, horizontal separators, heater treaters, filters, sand traps, combustors, and equipment skids as well as picking up minimal redlines and releasing black line revised drawings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Modify existing 3D solid models of equipment using pipe, rolled plate, nozzles, formed heads, wide flange beam, flat bar, round stock, etc.
• Generate 2D fabrication drawings from 3D solid models.
• Check dimensional accuracy of fabricated items.
• Provide support to engineering personnel when needed.
• Upload bills of material.
• Update drawings as appropriate during engineering and fabrication/assembly process as required.
• Update existing drawings to reflect necessary changes or standardized drawing format.
• Manage Bill of Material Creation and entry
• Log Engineering drawing and BOM Release and Revision Release activity.
• Export Bill of Material for drawing reviews and Shop Use for P&ID Walk Downs.
• Review and Load SharePoint/One Drive folders for accuracy and completion of fabrication drawing package uploads.
Education & Experience
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school related to the field of Engineering preferred.
• 1-2 yrs SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D preferred.
• 1-2 year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with oil and gas surface production equipment preferred
• Experience with ERP systems preferred (i.e. SAP, M2M, IFS, Syteline, Oracle, etc.).
• Experience with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Experience with 3D CAD software as defined above
• Experience with Sharepoint preferred
This is a temp to hire position that will offer an extremely competitive starting salary. Working hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm. Interested and qualified applicants contact Stefanie at (409)892-0310 for immediate consideration.