American Personnel & Temps is currently seeking a Contract Staff Assistant for an established Petrochemical Plant located in Port Arthur. This position provides and coordinates administrative support to the Training Department. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Proctoring and grading operator qualification tests
• Maintaining necessary filing systems and document retention
• Coordinating and generating data within the department for monthly reports and special assignments
• Assisting with and ensuring timely correspondence with regulatory agencies
• Assisting with budgeting process, maintaining spreadsheets and SAP entries
• Assisting with SAP functions, entering requisitions, checking requests
• Coordinating hotel and travel arrangements for department staff
• Management of multiple calendars
• Scheduling of meetings, including food orders as necessary
Candidates must have an Associates of Applied Science in Office Management & Administration or related degree; 3-5 years of administrative clerical experience is preferred. Knowledge of the refinery industry, office procedures, accounting and budgeting is also preferred. SAP experience and Database skills are a plus. Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. They must be able to work well under pressure, be detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills. Light lifting is required.
This position would pay $16-$22 an hour based on experience and other qualifications. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday 8 am- 5 pm. Interested and qualified candidates need to apply in our office. The application times are Monday through Friday 8:30-9:30 am and 1:45-2 pm. Please bring a valid ID and a resume. If you are already registered with us, please be sure you are calling the available line to stay active in our system.